Toolkit Topic: New technologies at work to promote innovation and creativity
Case Study Title: POWER BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
Duration of Activity: 15 minutes
Learning Outcome: What is the learning outcome that will be achieved through this case study?
identify new technologies that are relevant to one’s at work
Here, you should outline the key lessons which adult educators take from this case study example.
Include here a set of questions which adult educators can apply their learning from this case study to their classmates:
- Question 1 What kind of technologies do you use at work?
- Question 2 Benefits to work with these kind of resources
- Question 3. What Are the Essentials, and What Should Be in the Pipeline?
We would all agree on the fact that Excel makes a company’s daily administrative processes easier.
However, this effective tool can go beyond. How? Easily: combining Excel and Power BI.
Power BI is a software package that creates a data-driven culture with business intelligence.
By using both applications together, you can collect, shape, analyse, and explore business data in new ways, all in less time.
Power BI Power BI is a collection of software services, apps, and connectors that work together to turn unrelated sources of data into coherent, visually immersive, and interactive insights. Data may be input by reading directly from a database, webpage, or structured files such as spreadsheets, CSV, XML, and JSON. It enables everyone, at every level of your organization, to make confident decisions using up-to-the-minute analytics.
Power BI offers a wide range of benefits. Here you can find some of them:
- Gain effective new capabilities with the skills you already have. Start creating spectacular interactive panes by simply transferring all your queries, data models and reports in Excel to Power BI, without having to learn a new language or application.
- Automate data updates with a single click. Get the right data instantly when you open your pane, without doing anything else. Set the Power Pivot data to update manually or automatically as often as you like.
- Use and share multiple books in one view. Display ranges of data, charts, and tables in a Power BI pane, combined with data from multiple sources, when connecting your Excel workbooks to Power BI.
“Business intelligence can help companies make better decisions by showing present and historical data within their business context. Analysts can leverage BI to provide performance and competitor benchmarks to make the organization run smoother and more efficiently”
Your company can take advantage of these benefits in several ways: creating interactive data visualisations between worldwide data centres, compiling machine learning models, quickly drawing conclusions from structured and unstructured data, including text and images…
“Using BI, companies can drastically improve business processes by mining operational data such as event logs, social media, performance metrics, etc. Simple techniques, such as trends analysis, pattern recognition, data visualization, can unveil the historical, current, and predictive view of the business and facilitate the process analysis, design, and enhancement.”